Climate Challenge Initiative to lower footprints
in the South Asian Communities Edinburgh
The main aims
• To increase awareness of climate change and its global affect amongst women and their families.
• To reduce carbon emissions through changed behaviour and lifestyles.
• To adjust to climate change by taking informed actions from what they learn.
• To teach women and children how to grow food and flowers.
• To reduce food waste sent to landfill by learning how to compost and to recycle cooked food.
• To encourage women and their families to recycle general waste to reduce their carbon footprint.
• To empower women on a one-to-one basis, through information and advice on energy efficiency.
• To provide training and volunteering opportunities to women in the South Asian communities to assist in addressing climate challenge issues.
• To help reduce fuel consumption by forming a cycling group.
• To encourage women to take back home the learnt strategies and educate and engage family members to help with reducing household carbon foot prints.
Keep up to date with our latest news and events